This homemade vinegar taffy recipe makes a fun candy to make anytime. It’s an easy old fashioned taffy recipe. Try having a taffy pull at your next older kids party, adult party, fall or Christmas party.
Homemade Old Fashioned Vinegar Taffy Recipe
- Yield: 8 dozen
2 cups dark corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla or other flavoring
- Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Continue cooking to 260°.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda, vanilla and a few drops of food coloring.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a buttered pan.
- When cool enough to handle, butter your hands and pull until light in color.
- Pull into long strips and cut into 1 inch pieces.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!