This 90 minute rolls recipe is our family’s favorite! Are you looking for an easy and inexpensive homemade dinner rolls that your family will love? You can make these 90 Minute Rolls for less than $1.00 per batch.
This easy 90 minute rolls recipe makes tasty fresh dinner rolls perfect as a bread with virtually any meal. Don’t let the “90 minutes” in the name scare you. This dinner rolls recipe is called that because 90 minutes is the total time from getting the idea to having freshly baked dinner rolls ready to serve your family.
It actually takes about 5 minutes to prepare this super easy dinner rolls recipe and then every so often, you have to check it and spent a moment on the next step.
This recipe is sooo worth it! If you have never made fresh homemade dinner rolls, you’ll never want to go back to the store bought ones! They’re perfect served with chicken, beef or pork and a vegetable for an easy meal. If you serve a meal with gravy, there is nothing quite as wonderful as soaking up the leftover gravy with one of these 90 minute rolls! Oh YUM!! They also taste great with soup, stew and chili.
In addition to serving them for family dinners, these rolls are also great for holiday meals, and kids absolutely love them. Try them today and you won’t regret it!
90 Minute Rolls Recipe
- Yield: 12 rolls 1x
2–2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 pkg. or 1 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- Mix 3/4 cup flour with sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120°-130°).
- Add to dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add 1/4 cup flour.
- Beat 2 minutes on high. Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead 2-3 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces and shape into balls.
- Place in an 8-inch round cake pan. Let rise 15 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 dinner rolls.
90 Minute Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Roll out the dough after rising the first time.
- Spread with 2 tablespoons softened butter or margarine.
- Combine 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar and sprinkle on dough.
- Roll jelly-roll style.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place in the pan and bake as above.
This 90 minute rolls recipe is from volume 1 of our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!