A delicious easy to make menu including Apricot Chicken, Garlic Lime Asparagus and a tasty Oreo Peanut Butter No Bake Dessert Recipe!
Apricot Chicken Menu With Oreo Peanut Butter No Bake Dessert Recipe
- Add peanut butter to chocolate sauce and pour over vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
- 1 chocolate square = 3-4 Tbsp. cocoa + 1 Tbsp. butter or shortening
- When going on an outing, keep your baby’s bottle warm by placing it in a wide mouth thermos that has been “warmed” with hot water. Place the lid on it and it will stay perfect until you need it.
- Try giving your toddler the tablespoon from your measuring spoons to eat with. It has a short handle and a deep bowl which makes it easier for a young child to eat things like soups or cereal.
Garlic Lime Asparagus*
Carrot and celery sticks
No Bake Dessert*
*Apricot Chicken Recipe
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. oil, olive or vegetable
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. onion soup mix
Cook chicken in garlic and oil until brown. Place in an 8 inch baking dish. Combine everything else and pour over chicken. Bake uncovered at 375° for 25-30 minutes until juices run clear. Serve over rice.
*Garlic Lime Asparagus
1 tsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium shallot, minced*
1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
1/4 lime, squeezed (lemon juice works in a pinch)
Salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet, cook garlic and shallot in butter and oil for 1-2 minutes. Stir in asparagus and cook until tender, about 5-10 minutes. When ready to serve, squeeze lime juice on top. Then add salt and pepper.
*Shallots are small brown onions that are about 1-2 inches around. If you don’t have one then just use a couple of tablespoons of regular onion.
*Oreo Peanut Butter No Bake Dessert Recipe
This dessert is great, especially in the spring and summer. It is quick and easy and won’t heat up the house. It is a rich dessert but I will give you some variations at the end that you can use to modify that. It calls for peanut butter but if you don’t like peanut butter, I’ll also be giving you several variations that don’t include peanut butter.
20 Oreo cookies, crushed
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine
Mix and press into 9×13 pan. You can use store bought crusts of you prefer.
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 (8 oz.) tub whipped topping
Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread on crust. Chill for at least 3 hours. You can freeze, but thaw before serving.
- You can add less peanut butter if the flavor is overpowering.
- Add chopped peanuts or walnuts.
- Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping.
- Leave out the peanut butter altogether and add a couple tablespoons of cocoa. Then serve with fresh fruit like strawberries, raspberries or bananas.
- Add chocolate chips along with the peanut butter.
- Leave out the peanut butter and just use chocolate chips, sprinkles or crushed candies.
- Use a graham cracker crust for a less rich dessert.