S’mores are a favorite summertime snack. Try these easy ways to make them along with some tasty variations, including a delicious Ice Cream S’mores Recipe.
S’mores Ideas and Tips
S’mores are amazing things. S’mores can be eaten all year round as snacks or desserts and lots of people, young and old alike, love them. These tips are especially good to keep on hand when the kids want some s’mores and you don’t have a piece of chocolate in the house.
Here are some modern day variations on an old time favorite snack, s’mores.
- Use chocolate chips or leftover Easter bunnies in place of the candy bar.
- Forget the chocolate altogether. Spread a graham cracker with strawberry or raspberry jam, add a roasted marshmallow and a slice or two of strawberry (or even a slice of banana).
- Spread cinnamon graham crackers with softened cream cheese and fruit.
- This isn’t a s’more idea but I love to spread butter on a cinnamon graham cracker, top it with a second one and dunk it in my coffee for breakfast.
- Chocolate graham crackers are also great spread with peanut butter and slices of banana.
- Cook the marshmallow over the stove. I just put knife in the middle of the marshmallow and then toast it over my electric stovetop.
Ice Cream S’mores
9 graham crackers, broken crosswise in half to make 18 squares
1 cup hot fudge sauce
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 pint (2 cups) chocolate ice cream, softened
Place 9 graham crackers in a foil lined 9 inch square pan. Spread with half the fudge sauce, sprinkle with marshmallows, spread with ice cream and the rest of fudge sauce. Then cover with the rest of the graham crackers. Freeze overnight or for several hours. Take out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Then cut into squares.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!