Many people get into financial trouble without even realizing it. Here are 13 warning signs of financial trouble to help you see if you need to make changes!
Proverbs 22:7 “The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender”
Here is an excerpt from Ruby J. Wallace’s book, “Being Smart About Credit and Debt.” It is cute and, unfortunately, too true.
It is amazing how we fail to recognize some warning signs when we get into financial trouble. Here are some signs that you may have a money problem:
- Your combined minimum monthly payment for your credit cards is more than your rent.
- You use one-hour processing to develop that roll of film you finished three months ago.
- You look to casinos as your retirement plan.
- Your library or video rental fines are more than the original cost of the book or video you rented.
- When you take the film out of your $400 camera, you have to wait until payday to get it developed.
- You pay your Visa card with your Discover card.
- You have all the latest technology equipment but no electricity.
- You buy a $30,000 car but then have to worry about gas.
- You have refinanced 3 times and still owe 30 years on your house
- You get upset when you are assessed a late fee after you fail to pay your bill on time.
- You pay more in finance charges than you give to God’s work.
- You buy more food before you eat all the food you bought two weeks earlier.
- During peak electrical usage times in your community, the electric company calls you personally and asks if you could cut back some.