Moving On A Dime
Save Money, Save Time, Save Your Sanity!
by Jill Cooper and Tawra Kellam
Moving On A Dime is Jill and Tawra’s moving guide that includes do-it-yourself directions for moving without the need for hair transplant products when you’re done. This 30 page booklet contains everything you need to know from de-cluttering to packing to surviving the big moving day.
Buy the Moving On A Dime e-book for only $5.95 now!
Here are few free tips from Moving On A Dime to point you in the right direction:
ORDER IN WHICH TO START PACKING
Start with things you don’t use every day.
- Memories – Grandma’s dishes, quilts, old books, Bibles, childhood toys and photos
- Garage items – Christmas and Holiday decorations, camping equipment and things in storage
- Things stored in closets that aren’t used often and out of season clothes
- Knick-knacks, pictures, mirrors and wall hangings
- Seasonal dishes, canning equipment, roasting pans, good china, good silverware, large serving platters
- Unnecessary CD’s, DVD’s and video tapes.
- Sewing room and craft items.
- Home office – Pack as much as possible except bills that need to be paid. Leave office boxes open and tape them closed at the last minute before moving just in case you need something out of them.
- Children’s toys and games – Pack most of the toys they don’t play with regularly.
- One week before moving, pack all unnecessary kitchen items, clothes and linens (except what you need for one week).
PAIN FREE PACKING
Don’t leave empty spaces. Here are some examples of how you might use all available space:
- I fill my china cabinet with light weight soft things like stuffed animals, balls of yarn, quilts, artificial flowers and greenery.
- If you will be moving your refrigerator or washer or dryer, fill it with pillows, wicker baskets or plastic items from the kitchen.
- Fill clothes hampers with bathroom items. If you have a lamp that needs special protection, wrap it carefully in towels and place it in a clothes hamper.
- Fill up even small items like plastic pitchers with kitchen utensils or kitchen knick-knacks.
- I clean out a large outside trash can and use it to pack my hoses, small pots and gardening tools. If I’m not sure if I should keep something, I allow myself to take it if I can fit it in that one trash can. My son-in-law says it is one step closer to the curb that way. 😉
- Don’t pack glass, porcelain or ceramic containers with loose items in them that could break them. Canning jars filled with marbles or baby food jars filled with nuts and bolts are recipes for disaster.
- Pack heavy things such as books in small boxes.
- Don’t pack things like photos, videotapes, cd’s, candles, plants or pets (especially pets!!!) where heat or cold can get to them. Don’t think any of those things will be safe and protected in a car or truck overnight. If it gets cold, they will freeze. Also plants left in a hot car will not be safe because the heat will kill them. When transporting plants in a car, protect them from direct sunlight with a covering of newspaper because the sun will fry houseplants.
- Pack kids’ rooms last. They need the security of having their room the same for as long as possible. Be sure to put their favorite items in the car such a blanket, stuffed animal or books.
Buy the Moving On A Dime e-book now!
This e-book is a pdf file, available for immediate download after purchase. What is an e-book? Click here to find out.
When your order completes, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with download instructions for your e-books. If you experience any difficulties with your order, please contact us here.
Your Order is Secure With Paypal. A Paypal account is NOT required to order.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee!!!!!
We’re so sure you’re going to like it, we offer a No Questions Asked, 60-day Money-Back Guarantee!
That’s right, we are giving you a full 60 days to evaluate the Moving On A Dime e-book. If at any point over the course of the next 60 days you are not satisfied with your investment, just let us know and we’ll refund your money-all of it. We will even pay the return shipping.
If you have a question about ordering our products, contact us here.