Using Leftover Easter Marshmallow Peeps Candy
Easter Marshmallow Peeps Candy are a lot like their friends the chocolate Easter Bunnies – they tend to reproduce and multiply like crazy on Easter Morning. So often, they don’t get eaten and, sadly, lay there for weeks until they get hard enough we can finally throw them out without feeling guilty. This year, save the extra leftover Peeps candy and maybe even consider buying some when they go on sale after Easter. One year we found leftover Peeps on clearance for .05 a box! We have 2 boys that just love them so we bought everything they had left–around 100 boxes! LOL It took a while but they did all get eaten! You can pretty much use the Peeps candy in place of marshmallows in anything.
- Use leftover peeps to make S’mores in place of marshmallows.
- Melt some of their cousins – chocolate bunnies and dip the Peeps into the chocolate like fondue or
- Melt chocolate bunnies, roll the peeps in them and then in nuts and sprinkles and freeze
- Use marshmallow Peeps in place of marshmallows for rice crispy treats
- Melt leftover Peeps candy on top of sweet potatoes
- Dip in chocolate and dry on waxed paper
- Topping for dessert pizza
- Cupcake toppers
- Fluffernutter sandwich – Spread peanut butter on bread and top with peeps and another slice of bread.
- Top hot chocolate with your peeps
- Top chocolate ice cream with cut up leftover peeps and almonds for homemade Rocky Road ice cream.
- Throw them in the microwave for a few seconds and let the kids watch them explode. (Ok I know this is wasteful but it sure is fun to watch!)
- Melt some white almond bark and then add some pastel M&M’s and cut up leftover Peeps for Peep Bark.