You can do much more with jams and jellies than just spreading them on toast. Here is a list of a few of great ways to use jams and jellies:
- Roll a peeled banana in strawberry jam. Then sprinkle it with nuts or granola. Freeze for a quick cool dessert or snack anytime.
- Add some peach, apricot or pineapple preserves to cooked carrots.
- Don’t have fruit for smoothies? Add some preserves or jam to them.
- In place of sugar for your hot tea, add 1-2 tsp. of peach or apricot jam.
- Add some raspberry jam to apple juice or applesauce.
- Spread any ho-hum coffee cake with jam to kick it up a notch.
- Stir orange marmalade or apricot, strawberry, peach or raspberry jelly into a fruit salad for a glaze.
- Put a few dollops of jam or jelly on a bar of softened cream cheese to serve with crackers.
photo by: bokchoi-snowpea