Enjoying Yummy Garden Smells
- Plant lavender bushes or scented flowers by your clothesline. Each time the wind blows, it will blow the scent onto the clothes.
- Plant scented flowers (honeysuckle, lilac, sweet peas, etc.) by your bedroom windows. Is there a better way to wake up in the morning or fall asleep at night than to the smell of flowers? I don’t think so!
- Plant scented plants in gardens or pots on each side of your front door or the sidewalk leading to your door. People will feel good about coming to your home even before they get in the door.
- Plant sweet smelling flowers around your front porch or deck where your family and friends gather, too.
- Take the time to pick and smell the flowers. Just one small scented flower can make a whole room smell as good as or better than ten plug in air fresheners, so go out and pick a flower.
It’s time to open up those windows and let some fresh air in. Turn off the heat, turn off the air conditioning and save on your utilities. I know a lot of you have allergies but a lot of people’s allergies are worse because of the bad air in the house. So try it you might like it.
Can you tell Spring has hit Kansas?
Photo By: Xelcise